The Green Leaf Award recognizes community banks
that demonstrate an outstanding achievement in helping the environment. The
award includes both achievements in
internal operations and facilities, achievements related to customers and the community.
specific achievements are:
- Leadership in Energy and
Environmental Design (LEED) Certification
- Eco-friendly operational policies
- Implementation of paperless technologies,
including online/mobile banking, paperless statements, electronic
payments, image exchange and remote deposit
- Green lending programs with environmental
incentives for consumers and small businesses
- Green credit cards and similar green
- Financial contributions to and participation in environmentally oriented organizations.